IPL Final 2021: the reasons of its suspension and changes the final fixtures
The IPL 14th season has been postponed after players one by one w got infected with the Сoronavirus. The Vice President of the BCCI Rajiv Shukla has reported on this the news agency ANI. There was an emergency meeting of the IPL Governing Council and the Cricket Board on 4th of May. After this meeting, the immediate suspension of IPL 2021 was immediately announced. After the league was suspended, there was a statement from the BCCI claiming that it was unwilling to compromise on the safety of all athletes, support staff and other participants employed within the league.
This decision was taken after eight players and two coaching staff members, namely players Varun Chakraborty, Sandeep Warrier, Vriddhiman Sahoo, Amit Mishra and bowling coach Balaji, tested positive. BCCI stated that it became imperative to postpone the contest. The board took all measures to get all players and support staff participating in the league home safely.
IPL 2021 Season to Resume on September: new dates and venues
Indian Premier League is an event that every Indian cricket fan is looking forward to. Amid the panic of the coronavirus pandemic, citizens will get to experience the serenity of adventure that has surrounded India for the past 14 years. IPL 2021 finals are coming back with a bang from this September 19th to eliminate the stress and tension for a while. For the second time, the IPL will be an international event, with all matches played in the United Arab Emirates (UAE).
Cricket fans are excited to see their favorite teams and sports stars playing together on the field and are eager to place bets on the Parimatch platform. This year, all seasons of the IPL will see the top 8 teams compete on the field. Chennai Super Kings, Mumbai Indians, Royal Challengers Bangalore, Kolkata Knight Riders, Delhi Capitals, Sunrisers Hyderabad, Rajasthan Royals and Kings XI Punjab will compete at the international level.
Teams qualified for the IPL 2021 Playoff
In the 2021 Points schedule the Mumbai Indians have strengthened their position in the points table by defeating Chennai Super Kings by 4 wickets in the 27th match of the 14th season of IPL played at Arun Jaitley Stadium in Delhi on Saturday. With this, Mumbai’s team has strengthened its position in the fourth place in the IPL UAE schedule. Mumbai have won 4 matches out of seven matches and the team has strengthened at number four in the points table with 8 points.
At the same time, Chennai’s team has 10 points in its account and the team remains on top. Chennai Super Kings have retained the first position even after losing in the IPL 2021 points table. Delhi Capitals is at number two. Delhi also has 10 points in its account. Royal Challengers Bangalore also have 10 points, but due to the net run rate, RCB are at third and Delhi are at number two. The Mumbai Indians are fourth with 8 points while Punjab is at number five with 6 points. 4-4 points belong to the sixth and seventh ranked teams. Kolkata has scored 4 points from 7 matches by winning 2 matches, while Rajasthan has won 2 matches from 6 matches.
Sunrisers Hyderabad have won only one match in 6 matches and are at the bottom of the points table with 2 points. If Hyderabad has to qualify for the IPL cricket playoffs from here, then the next seven matches will have to be won. However, even if a match is lost, the Hyderabad team will remain in the race for the playoffs but will have to depend on the results of the other teams. In such a situation, the difficulties for Hyderabad are not going to be reduced from here.
Remember IPL 2020: the Mumbai Indians current champion
While awaiting for this season’s final games, let us review the previous season results. The team of Mumbai Indians has become the champion of IPL 2020. In the final match held on November 10, they defeated the team of the Delhi Capitals and captured the title for the second time in a row. Mumbai Indians is the team that has won the most IPL. It has won this title the most 5 times and no team is equal to him. The team of Chennai Super Kings is at number two with 3 IPL titles.
All the IPL trophies that Mumbai Indians have won so far have come under the captaincy of Rohit Sharma. In 2013, Rohit Sharma was made the captain of Mumbai Indians. He was given this responsibility by removing Ricky Ponting and he also lived up to everyone’s expectations. As soon as he became the captain, he made his team the champion and after that every season the team got better result in the points table under his captaincy.
There are many reasons for this consistent win for Mumbai Indians. We will tell you in this article why. Let us know what the reasons for the Mumbai Indians team are winning continuously for so many years. Mumbai team is the most strong and balanced team as compared to other teams of IPL 2020 playoffs. The team’s batsmen are as good as the good bowlers are also with this team. Be it Jasprit Bumrah, Trent Boult, James Pattinson and Nathan Coulter-Nile, the team has great bowlers.
Most runs in IPL 2020: the list of the records
This league is always full of cricket records. Talking about the batsmen who scored the most runs in IPL season, Punjab team opener Lokesh Rahul is at the top of this list:
- KL Rahul (PBKS) most runs in IPL 2020 – 670;
- Shikhar Dhawan (DC) – 618;
- David Warner (SRH) – 548;
- Shreyas Iyer (DC) – 519;
- Ishan Kishan (MI) – 516;
- Quinton de Kock (MI) – 503;
- Suryakumar Yadav (MI) – 480;
- Devdutt Padikkal (RCB) – 473;
- Virat Kohli (RCB) – 466;
- AB de Villiers (RCB) – 454!
The Kings XI Punjab team may not have reached the IPL playoffs but the Orange Cap is still with its captain Lokesh Rahul as having made most runs in IPL. Rahul and Sunrisers Hyderabad captain David Warner is at number two.
The top five fastest 50 in IPL 2020
Kings XI Punjab batsman Nicholas Pooran has scored the fastest 50 in IPL 2020 the match played at the Dubai International Stadium on 8 October 2020. Pooran completed his half-century in just 17 balls in the match being played against Sunrisers Hyderabad, which is the fastest fifty in this season (Fastest Fifty of IPL 2020). Here are top 5 players and the opponents team list:
- Nicholas Pooran – 17 balls vs SRH;
- Sanju Samso – 19 balls vs CSK;
- Kieron Pollard – 20 balls vs RCB;
- Hardik Pandy – 20 balls vs RR;
- Marcus Stoinis – 20 balls vs KXIP!
Pooran, number one in this list of 50 in IPL 2020, scored 77 runs in 37 balls with the help of five fours and seven sixes. However, this innings of his could not win the team as no other batsman played with him. Batting first, Sunrisers Hyderabad scored 201 runs for the loss of 6 wickets. In reply, Punjab’s team was bundled out for just 132 runs in 16.5 overs.
5 all-rounders – highest paid player in IPL 2020
The Indian Premier League has become the world’s most loved domestic cricket tournament in the last 14 years. A major reason behind this is the investment that the franchise owners have made in this competition. Every cricketer wants to be a part of this league. But not everyone gets an IPL contract. On the other hand, some exceptional quality players earn a lot of money for their skills. In T20 cricket, all-rounders are in high demand. From this article you will who is the highest paid player in IPL 2020:
5. Irfan Pathan – 42.72 crores. Former all-rounder of the national squad Pathan has membered many franchises in his IPL career. He started with Kings XI Punjab and later went on to be a part of Delhi Capitals, Chennai Super Kings, Rising Pune Supergiant and Gujarat Lions. This player from Baroda earned 8.74 crores per season playing in Delhi jersey from 2011 to 2013. Those three seasons helped Pathan finish fifth elite player list.
4. Piyush Chawla- 49.37 crores. IPL 2020 auction: Coach Fleming rates Chawla highly after CSK bags veteran spinner. Chawla has acted for Kings XI Punjab, Kolkata Knight Riders and Chennai Super Kings in his IPL career. CSK recently paid him 6.75 crores for his services in IPL 2020.
3. Yusuf Pathan – 51.48 crores: he made his international debut in the grand stage of the ICC T20 World Cup final. Pathan became a part of the Rajasthan Royals team in 2008. He played a key role in the success of RR. Thus, Kolkata Knight Riders spent Rs 9.66 crore to sign Yusuf Pathan in 2011. Although he went unsold in the IPL 2020 auction, Pathan earned Rs 51.48 crore from the league.
2. Ravichandran Ashwin- 64.89 crores: another spin bowling all-rounder in this list is Ravichandran Ashwin, the former captain of Kings XI Punjab. The right-arm off-spinner joined Delhi Capitals prior to IPL 2020. He even played for Chennai Super Kings and Rising Pune Supergiant in the initial ten seasons. DC paid him 7.6 crores to play for him in the 13th IPL season. The Chennai-based franchise had signed Ashwin in 2008 for just 12 lakhs. The all-rounder made such an impact in his first season that by the 2011 season his value increased to 3.91 crores.
1. Ravindra Jadeja, the highest paid player in IPL 2020 – 70 crores. Four of the five names on this list had played for Chennai Super Kings once in their IPL career. This statistic shows why CSK has been so successful in the IPL. They spend their money on Indian all-rounders and get high returns. The MS Dhoni-led organization had garnered record money to sign Jadeja in the auction in 2012.
Top 5 players having most sixes in IPL 2020
No wonder that the Mumbai squad has won the last tournament, as out of the 10 players with most sixes in IPL 2020, four play for this team. A total of 734 sixes were hit in the total 60 matches played during the tournament. That is, in every match, players of both the teams hit more than 12 sixes. In the tournament, 10 players hit more than 20 sixes, but in the case of hitting the most sixes, young batsman Ishan Kishan, who played for Mumbai Indians, got the hand. Let’s see just top five:
- Ishan Kishan MI – 30 6s;
- Sanju Samson RR – 26;
- Hardik Pandya MI – 25;
- Nicholas Pooran PK – 25;
- Eoin Morgan KKR- 24!
In the current season the most sixes in IPL 2021 has made KL Rahul (Punjab Kings) being 16 sixes so far.
Youngest player in IPL 2020: top six players
1. Ishaan Kishan (Mumbai Indians). Although he has been a well-known name in cricket for the last three years, Kishan from Bihar made his image as a wicketkeeper-batsman from Under-19 as the youngest player in IPL. He did not get frequent opportunities for Mumbai Indians. Especially after Quinton de Kock came into the team. After Saurabh Tiwary’s injury in 2020, Kishan got a chance against Royal Challengers Bangalore. He capitalized on this opportunity and scored 99 runs. Mumbai lost that match in the Super Over, but Kishan’s instincts while chasing impressed everyone. Since then, Kishan became an important part of the Mumbai Indians team.
2. Devdutt Padikkal (RCB): It was a big decision for Royal Challengers Bangalore to take Australian opener Aaron Finch for 2020. RCB chose Devdutt Padikkal in place of regular opener Parthiv Patel along with Finch. Padikkal scored 473 runs in 15 matches at an average of 31.53 and a strike rate of 124.80. During this he also scored 5 half-centuries.
3. Priyam Garg (Sunrisers Hyderabad): 19-year-old Priyam Garg, the Indian Under-19 captain, got few batting opportunities for Hyderabad. He bats in the lower order, but he showed his talent on the very first occasion. During a match, Hyderabad had lost 4 wickets for 69 runs against Chennai Super Kings. But Priyam Garg played an innings of 51 runs in 26 balls to take the team’s score to 164 for 5 wickets. Priyam scored 133 runs in 14 matches in IPL 2020 at an average of 14.77 and strike rate of 119.81.
4. Abdul Samad (Sunrisers Hyderabad) all-rounder is very talented. Samad showed how easily he could get the ball across the border in Abu Dhabi, Dubai. The youngest player in IPL 2020, 19-year-old Samad played 12 matches in IPL 2020 and scored 111 runs at an average of 22.20. His strike rate was 170.76. In this season, he hit eight fours and six sixes.
5. Ravi Bishnoi (Kings XI Punjab): Another star from the Indian Under-19 cricket team is leg-spinner Bishnoi. Pambaj reposed more trust in him than Mujeeb ur Rehman. Bishnoi did not disappoint him. Against RCB, Bishnoi displayed his talent by taking three wickets. In this match, Punjab won by 97 runs. He is still learning the tricks of bowling from Punjab head coach Anil Kumble, but Bishnoi has shown his willingness to bowl to the big players. Bishnoi has taken 12 wickets in 14 matches of IPL 2020 at an economy of 7.37.
6. Kamlesh Nagarkoti (Kolkata Knight Riders): right-arm fast bowler joined the Kolkata Knight Riders team in 2018, but for two seasons he did not get to play a single match due to injury. But he got a chance in IPL 2020 held in UAE this year. Nagarkoti earned KKR’s trust again. He also got a full chance to recover from his injury. In a match against Rajasthan Royals, he bowled a match-winning spell and caught a difficult catch of Jofra Archer. Hope he has a bright future with KKR. In IPL 2020, he took 5 wickets in 10 matches at an economy of 8.88.
There was an emergency meeting of the IPL Governing Council and the BCCI on May 4th. After this meeting, it was decided to postpone the IPL immediately. After the suspension of the league, the BCCI’s statement came that it does not want to compromise with the safety of the players, support staff and other members involved in the league.
What is the scheduled date for IPL Finals 2021?
After the suspension, the BCCI President Sourav Ganguly and Secretary Jay Shah went to UAE to talk to Emirates Cricket Board. Now there is news that BCCI has fixed the IPL 2021 final date on October 15. This will be done due to the reduction in the number of matches in a day in the UAE heat.
Where is the IPL final venue?
UAE’s Abu Dhabi, Sharjah and Dubai will host the remainder of the matches in IPL 2021 UAE.
What was the reason IPL postponed?
Many players turned out to be Corona positive. The announcement of the IPL 2021 end date suspension was made after Sunrisers Hyderabad wicketkeeper batsman Wriddhiman Saha’s corona test report came positive. Earlier on May 3, the results of Chennai Super Kings bowler coach L Balaji and Kolkata Knight Riders bowlers Sandeep Warriors and Varun Chakraborty also came back positive. Earlier, two IPL matches were postponed due to increasing infection.